re: When Is the Best Time for a Blog Tour?

posted 1/17/12

When is the best time for a blog tour? Before the book comes out? After? Anytime to get buzz on the book?

Thanks again,
Natasha

Dear Natasha…

The best time for a blog tour is during your pub month. For one thing, your book will be available for purchase. More importantly, syncing the tour with your book launch makes each stop a celebratory event and provides a “reason” for touring. But don’t stop there. Tour on your book’s publication anniversary or to coincide with events related to your topic or themes. Got identity theft in your book? Then tour in October, which is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Bloggers and readers alike will appreciate the relevant theme, and it gives you something to talk about besides yourself. Folks like learning about new books, but they don’t necessarily want to hear the author toot her own horn the whole time.

P.S. For more on this topic, read Promotion
under: Promotion
Comments to "re: When Is the Best Time for a Blog Tour?" | Add a Comment
    1. Kurt Chambers wrote (on 01/17/12 at 8:10 am) :

Thanks for the advice, Deborah 🙂 My blog tour starts on the 25th this month, but you’ve given me some great ideas for the build up to it as well as after it finishes.

The Editor replied (on 01/17/12 at 9:52 am) :

Good luck with your Truth Teller tour, Kurt.

2. Theresa Milstein wrote (on 01/17/12 at 10:12 am) :

Good advice. Makes sense!

The Editor replied (on 01/17/12 at 10:17 am) :

Glad you find this helpful, Theresa. A blog tour is a powerful promo tool!

3. Laura C. wrote (on 01/17/12 at 11:23 am) :

This is great advice. I don’t have a book releasing soon,but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for sometime this year. Thanks for the info! 😀

4. Natasha Yim wrote (on 01/18/12 at 8:10 am) :

Thanks for answering my question, Deborah. I have another book coming out in the fall, and will definitely use this advice to set up a blog tour.

The Editor replied (on 01/18/12 at 10:04 am) :

Another one? Congrats, Natasha!