re: Thank you. Now Have a Free Webinar.

posted 7/26/11

The Editor’s month-long party celebrating the publication of Writing Young Adult Fiction For Dummies may be ending with today’s final stop on her WYAFFD Blog Tour, but she’s got one last grand finale event for writers: her eye-popping, info-laden FREE webinar tomorrow with high-energy author/illustrator Katie Davis….

WYAFFD cover

Dear Readers…

I’m excited to team up with Katie Davis tomorrow, July 27, for “Translating Rejection Letter Lingo: What To Do about a ‘Flat’ Story.” I hope you’ll stop by to hear my tips for pumping up flat fiction and to take part in the listener Q-and-A. With Katie’s fab visuals, you’ll be as entertained as you are informed. [Register here.]

Phew! A week-long virtual book launch, an 8-stop blog tour, a free webinar, book and ‘free edit’ giveaways, and a dozen interviews, podcasts, and guest posts on others’ blogs. . . . It’s been a busy month, but I believe every new book deserves a party. I sure hope you’ve enjoyed mine.

Thank you, and happy writing!

P.S. For more on this topic, read Promotion, WYAFFD Blog Tour, WYAFFD Virtual Book Launch
under: Promotion, WYAFFD Blog Tour, WYAFFD Virtual Book Launch
Comments to "re: Thank you. Now Have a Free Webinar." | Add a Comment
    1. Kurt Chambers wrote (on 07/26/11 at 10:12 am) :

Congratulations, Deborah! 🙂 You have done an awesome job with your book launch. You’re a star! I don’t think I can make it to the webinar as being in England, I live in the future to you lot 🙁

The Editor replied (on 07/26/11 at 8:23 pm) :

Thanks, Kurt. I lived in England for a year (Lowestoft, in Suffolk). Miss my British friends and have great memories of adventures there, but I must admit that I enjoy not having to take a raincoat everywhere with me. 🙂

Kurt Chambers replied (on 07/27/11 at 1:34 pm) :

Did you really! Wow! I love Great Yarmouth! Spent many a great holiday there. Even conceived one of my children there LOL (too much information!) Yeah, I bet you don’t miss the rain 🙂 That’s awesome though!

The Editor replied (on 07/27/11 at 2:11 pm) :

TMI, maybe. But funny. My boys and I would just jump on buses headed out to Great Yarmouth just to ride the bus. They were FASCINATED with buses and we made many bus driver friends. At Great Yarmouth we’d get off and play at the fun playground with the blue dots that are somehow suspended on springs. The boys would jump from dot to dot. There was a tire swing there, too, that they’d all get into so that Daddy could swing them. We have incredible memories from Great Yarmouth! SO sorry I didn’t know you then. We could’ve met up for a pasty and some book chat.

2. Laura Chesterson wrote (on 07/26/11 at 10:59 am) :

Your blog tour was terrific, Deb! I learned a lot from your articles. I never get any ‘lingo’ in my rejection letters…just ‘not the right project for me’. I wish I got feedback (but I continued to query my second ms and am a third of the way through my third). Thanks for the GREAT BOOK LAUNCH PARTY!!

The Editor replied (on 07/26/11 at 8:23 pm) :

Thanks, Laura.

3. Chris Kelly wrote (on 07/26/11 at 5:45 pm) :

You’re a prime example of how writers should promote their books…..in a good (and effective) way.

Best wishes for successful sales!

The Editor replied (on 07/26/11 at 8:31 pm) :

Thanks, Chris, for taking the time to give me this feedback. As busy as this month has been, it’s also been a lot of fun. I’ve ‘met’ so many lovely people. The writing community is so wonderful and supportive.

4. Hannah Ruth Wilde wrote (on 07/26/11 at 7:08 pm) :

Looking forward to the webinar! Thank you for generously offering it! – Hannah

The Editor replied (on 07/26/11 at 8:25 pm) :

Just a few more hours to go till that webinar, Hannah. Look forward to “seeing” you there!

5. Sharon Mayhew wrote (on 07/26/11 at 7:25 pm) :

Congratulations on the new book, Deborah! I’ve posted, tweeted and fb posted about your webinar tomorrow. Thanks so much for doing it for us. 🙂

The Editor replied (on 07/26/11 at 8:24 pm) :

Thank YOU for spreading the word, Sharon. Much appreciated!

6. Blanche Baxter wrote (on 07/27/11 at 8:01 pm) :

Wow Deborah, I’m so glad I attended your webinar! It was full of valuable information, insightful tips, and useful examples…I can’t wait to put pen to page and start incorporating them in my work.

The Editor replied (on 07/27/11 at 8:46 pm) :

Thanks SO much, Blanhce, for taking the time to leave this comment. When you’re the host of a webinar, you don’t get feedback throughout the presentation like do when you’re talking to a live audience, so it’s hard to gauge how it’s going. I’m thrilled to hear that you found it useful and are eager to pick up your pen. Yay!

7. Avery Michaels wrote (on 07/28/11 at 5:55 am) :

I hated to miss the webinar last night, but we had a previous engagement. Hope it went well and thanks so much for all the great information from you this last month! I’m already looking back to see where I can improve my writing.

Avery Michaels

The Editor replied (on 07/28/11 at 7:02 am) :

Sorry you couldn’t make it, Avery. Alas, there is this thing called Life that crops up now and then. Good luck with your ms.

8. Sharon Mayhew wrote (on 07/28/11 at 8:31 am) :

Great webinar, Deborah and Katie! I took loads of notes. 🙂 Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us in such a fun format.