My new book Writing Young Adult Fiction For Dummies hits stores July 5, and I’m hoping you can help me spread the word about my 7-day virtual book launch June 29-July 5 on DearEditor.com.
Daily giveaways, free downloads, excerpts from the book… read my full post for more.
7-Day Virtual Book Launch!
To celebrate the publication of Writing Young Adult Fiction For Dummies, from June 29-July 5 here on DearEditor.com, I’m featuring daily “Free First Chapter Critique” giveaways, free downloads, excerpts from the book, and profiles of the 13 amazing authors, editors, and agents who so generously contributed sidebars to the book. As the grand finale, I’m giving away a “Free Full Manuscript Edit” on the final day.
The book itself is filled with great features, including:
- tips for targeting an audience, finding an angle that’ll make the story stand out, and writing a killer hook
- an extensive chapter on self-marketing to help writers move boldly into the realm of self-promotion
- techniques and exercises to shape plot, create teen-friendly characters, develop a convincingly youthful voice, write natural dialogue, and use setting to illuminate characters and plot
- 13 National Book Award winners and finalists, Newbery medalists and honorees, and other award-winning luminaries sharing their insights in sidebars
- self-editing tools to transform a first draft into a strong submission-ready final draft
- insider tips for finding the right agent and/or editor and preparing a stand-out submission package
- answers to common book contract questions
- advice on self-publishing for YA writers
Above all, I aim to guide writers in developing a style that appeals to young readers. Finding one’s own voice and style is especially important to me.
I’m really proud of Writing Young Adult Fiction for Dummies. Writers of all levels will get a lot out of it—and have fun along the way. I sure had fun writing it.
Shout-outs via social media, your blog, email to friends, posts in your writers forums… any mention you could give the book and the launch would be hugely appreciated. You can send the curious to:
- DearEditor.com June 29-July 5 for the virtual book launch
- http://bit.ly/lyK3Gu or http://amzn.to/jvu6zf for book details and buying info
Thanks ever so much!
The EditorP.S. For more on this topic, read Giveaways, WYAFFD Virtual Book Launch